Our legal name - ST FRANCIS HOSPITAL, ZAMBIA TWINNING PARTNERSHIP WITH NHS BORDERS [SCIO]
Our informal name - THE LOGIE LEGACY
Our purposes are:
- To support the formally established twinning partnership with NHS Borders to achieve improvements in education, service delivery and patient experience at St Francis Hospital, Zambia
- To promote the value of voluntary engagement in global health for NHS Borders staff and partners in bringing knowledge, skills and ideas back to the UK
- To raise income and monitor expenditure in the support of the above
Membership is open to any individual aged 16 or over including NHS staff/patients / public members/ representatives from other organisations.
Our values are to uphold key principles for effective involvement:
- Ownership: Led and driven by the needs of St Francis Hospital
- Alignment: In line with the Zambia’s national, district and institution-level health plans
- Harmonisation: Coordinated with other development partners from UK and elsewhere
- Evidence-based: Results are properly monitored and projects evaluated
- Sustainable: Supported by a long-term commitment from all parties
- Mutually accountable: Responsibility for supported project is shared by all partners
Our secretary is Mrs Alison Aitken.
Our Trustees are:
- Dr Brian Magowan - Chairperson
- Mr Chris Faldon
- Ms Lorraine Wilson - Treasurer
We have an active membership committee drawn from people working in NHS Borders and beyond.